WHAT WE DO
Ausdance NSW is the peak body for dance, for NSW we have a 40-year history of educating, inspiring and supporting the dance community. We are a membership organisation. You can join today as an individual or as an organisation.
We provide advice, advocacy and dance programs in different contexts and environments, both directly and indirectly and in partnership with other State and Federal government departments, Local Government Authorities, dance companies, organisations, educational institutions, businesses, and dance studios. We liaise with government bodies and other sectors, such as youth, aging and education on the issues that matter to you, to help foster a sustainable and successful dance sector.
What we are doing right now:
- Consulting NSW Health, Service NSW, and the Office for Sport to keep the sector up to date on COVID-19 restrictions affecting the dance industry and assist the sector, including Dance Studios to re-open and return to a COVID Safe “new normal”.
- Working with the Arts sector service organisations including Theatre Network NSW, Regional Arts NSW and Music NSW towards more equitable funding schemes from the state government.
- Conducting Zoom meetings (individual, group and facilitated meetings) to understand the immediate needs and concerns of the NSW dance sector.
- Ensuring the NSW dance sector has the access to the opportunities they need, such as professional development, space in kind residencies and education.
- Advocating for the dance sector through facilitated meetings and where necessary, escalating to the NSW Government and the Federal government, through Ausdance National. Our current key areas of focus are the dance studio sector, small to medium dance organisations, culturally diverse dance forms and artists, tertiary dance education in NSW, a regional dance strategy and independent, commercial and freelance dancers.
- Working with the Actors Benevolent Fund to create a category for dancers.
- Re-imagining our current projects to take place online and be increasingly accessible to our community.
Help us continue to advocate for the NSW dance sector.
Ausdance NSW is the peak body for dance. We provide advice, advocacy, and dance programs in different contexts and environments, both directly and indirectly and in partnership with other state and federal government departments, local government authorities, dance companies, organisations, educational institutions, businesses, and dance studios.
THERE ARE NO GRANTS FOR ADVOCACY.
This advocacy expands beyond the bounds of our current funding, with the Ausdance team working beyond our means to make significant changes for the dance sector, not just for now, but moving forward to a future which is better than the one we just left.
Less dance is being presented and supported than ever before. We need a strong voice for dance in NSW.
The Ausdance NSW team is passionate about the role dance has to play in the arts ecology of NSW and Australia wide. We ask for your support so that we can continue to support the dance sector.
Final podcast for 2020! With the Ausdance NSW Team Our final podcast for 2020 is now available on Itunes and Spotify. After a challenging year for all of us, host Annalouise Paul instigated an interview with team on our experiences. We discuss the impact COVID-19 has...
Dear Ausdance members, independent dance artists, dance organisation and companies, supporters and friends,
Ausdance NSW welcomes the news that dance classes can resume tomorrow with a maximum of 20 people. Please be aware that the official government websites and industry safety plans may not have been updated yet wit this information.
Full statement from Prime Minister Scott Morrison ‘$250 million JobMaker plan to restart Australia’s Creative Economy’
Read the full statement from Prime Minister Scott Morrison ‘$250 million JobMaker plan to restart Australia’s Creative Economy’ 25 June 2020 here>>>
Ausdance NSW welcomes the federal government’s announcement on Friday of a rescue package specific to the Arts industry. The package is a start to enabling the arts industry to survive in the short term. It needs to go much further with a long-term view of recovery.
Ausdance NSW is the key support & advocacy body, for the creation, presentation and practice of dance in NSW.
Ausdance NSW is part of the Ausdance National Network.
Ausdance acknowledges and respects the Traditional Custodians of the Lands on which we work and dance and pays respect to elders past, present and emerging.
10 Hickson Road, Level 3, Arts Exchange Buliding, The Rocks, Sydney 2000
02 9256 4800
ABN 36 824 207 095