ADVOCACY, CONSULTATIONS AND CRITICAL CONVERSATIONS
SECTOR NETWORKS – Facilitated Meetings
Our current key areas of focus and existing facilitated meetings, working parties and advisory groups are:
- Disability + Dance in partnership with Accessible Art NSW
- Independent and Commercial Freeland Dancers
COVID-19 – Advocacy, Information and Resources
We are constantly seeking, gathering and sharing information to support the dance sector on COVID-19. This includes:
- Weekly opt-in check-in meetings for the dance sector to connect and network
- Contacting government and local funding bodies to discuss restrictions, funding and financial support for the dance sector
- Communicating the current restrictions and how it affects the dance sector
- Sharing of COVID-19 resources
- Releasing the “Return to Dance” guidance notes in 2020 to aid in the safe return to dance. We are now reviewing this and waiting for guidlines or a roadmap for easing restrictions to release an updated version.
Ausdance NSW regularly meets with state and federal agencies, funding bodies and key stakeholders. The director of Ausdance NSW also sits on boards and committees in order to further advocate for the dance sector, as part of our Dance Nation.
LETTERS AND SUBMISSIONS
From our critical conersations and research (particularly during the COVID-19 period), Ausdance NSW submits letters and submissions to the government and funding bodies.
Ausdance NSW is the key support & advocacy body, for the creation, presentation and practice of dance in NSW.
Ausdance NSW is part of the Ausdance National Network.
Ausdance acknowledges and respects the Traditional Custodians of the Lands on which we work and dance and pays respect to elders past, present and emerging.
10 Hickson Road, Level 3, Arts Exchange Buliding, The Rocks, Sydney 2000
02 9256 4800
ABN 36 824 207 095