Ausdance NSW understands that your privacy is important. This document outlines what personal information we collect and manage, and covers all people and organisations that engage with us.
Our privacy statement may change over time and we encourage you to check this page regularly.
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
If you are a participant in an Ausdance NSW event or workshop the personal information we hold about you may include:
- Your name, address, contact details
- Your gender and date of birth
- records of our interactions with you such as feedback that you have provided to us and records of conversations you have had with our employees
- information about transactions that you have made with us or our authorised ticketing agents, including the events you have attended or booked tickets to attend
- your opt-in preference to receive communication from Ausdance NSW
If you are a volunteer, the personal information we hold about you may include:
- your name, address, contact details
- your gender and date of birth
- events for which you have volunteered
- information from police checks, working with children checks (or similar), and information about your right to work in Australia
- records relating to your volunteer work with us
If you are a member, supporter, donor or a corporate partner, the personal information we hold about you may include:
- your name, address, contact details
- records relating to your connection with us, in whatever capacity
- details of the donations and/or member contributions you have made to us
- events you have participated in
- publications and services you have received from us
- your billing details
If you use our websites or engage with us on social media, the personal information we hold about you may include:
- your name, email address, contact details
- any details you provide to us through your use of our website or social media – for example, if you register to be on our mailing list or use the website to send us messages or comments
- any details you provide to us as part of a payment or donation process
What sensitive information do we collect?
To provide our services, we may be required to collect and hold your sensitive information including health and medical information (such as dietary requirements, allergies, asthma details & existing injuries) and information relating to any disability, accessibility or companion card program requirements. We generally only collect this information if you participate in one of our workshops or are attending an event.
We may also collect health and sensitive information relating to volunteers and job applicants as part of the recruitment process or in the event that a volunteer or job applicant is injured while performing their role.
We may collect sensitive information about your ethnic origins, country of birth or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage, but only where this information is relevant to our research or participation in one of our programs.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise, or the use or disclosure of the sensitive information is allowed by law.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in a range of ways including:
- when you visit us or attend of our events
- when you purchase tickets from us or our authorised ticketing agents, such as Sticky Tickets or our authorised presenting partners
- when you apply to become a member of Ausdance NSW
- when you contact us in person, by phone, via mail, email or online (or when we contact you through any means)
- when you donate to us or participate in any of our fundraising activities
- when you subscribe to our newsletters
- through our direct marketing activities
In some circumstances Ausdance NSW may be provided with personal information about an individual from a third party, for example a school or from a person booking on behalf of a group.
How do we use your personal information?
The purposes we use your information for depends on your relationship with Ausdance NSW.
We may use your information to:
- provide you with information about our events, programs and services
- administer our events, programs and services
- answer your inquiries
- respond and/or resolve feedback provided by you
- comply with laws and regulations including reporting to funding and government agencies
- conduct surveys, market research and analysis
- invite you to participate in research projects and activities
- process your membership application and manage your membership, as applicable
- process donations and payments
- manage our relationship with you including (if applicable) to provide services to you
- encourage further involvement with Ausdance NSW
- personalise your online experience or to enable marketing functionality
- provide you with the goods and services you have asked us for
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
In order to operate an efficient and collaborative organisation and to enable us to carry out our activities and provide our events, programs and services, we may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties. This may include disclosure in the following circumstances:
- Where you have attended or have booked tickets to attend an Event by Ausdance NSW – to the people involved in presenting that Event, including the Presenter(s) of the Event, venue or the artistic company staging the Event.
- People engaged by us or acting on our behalf in relation to our business, such as our ticketing agents and other service providers/suppliers. Suppliers are required to handle your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Our website, cookies and social media service providers, such as Google or Facebook, to enable them to configure or personalise our websites, pages and platforms.
- Government and regulatory bodies, including Create NSW and the Australian Taxation Office.
- Lawyers, auditors, banks and other advisors appointed by us or acting on our behalf.
- Where disclosure is required by law, including where required to the police or to comply with compulsory notices from courts of law, tribunals or government agencies.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that these organisations will protect the privacy of your personal information, in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Personal information may be disclosed at any point in time after it has been obtained by us.
We do use overseas providers of IT services including servers and cloud services, such as Google, Dropbox, Facebook and Instagram.
If you wish to opt out of receiving communication from a third party that we have disclosed your personal information to, you must contact the third party directly.
We will never sell your personal information.
Online data collection and use
When you access the any websites or online forms operated by Ausdance NSW, anonymous technical information may be collected about user activities on the website. This may include information such as the type of browser used to access the website and the pages visited.
This information is used by Ausdance NSW to make decisions about maintaining and improving our websites and online services. This information remains anonymous and is not linked in any way to personal identification details.
How do we store personal information and for how long?
We ensure that reasonable measures are taken so that your personal information is securely stored and protected. These measures include password protection for accessing our computers and IT systems and physical access restrictions to our office.
There are risks in the management of personal information and while we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur, we will continue to monitor and improve the measures we use to protect your privacy.
We will keep your personal information for a long a its needed for the purposes in which it was collected and to comply with all legal requirements.
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. A person may seek to update their personal information held by Ausdance NSW by contacting Ausdance NSW at any time.
You have the right to check what personal information Ausdance NSW holds about you.
Under the Commonwealth Privacy Act, an individual has the right to obtain access to any personal information which Ausdance Victoria holds about them and to advise the organisation of any perceived inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the applicable legislation. To make a request to access any information Ausdance Victoria holds about you, please contact us in writing.
Please email the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your request to 10 Hickson Road, The Rocks Sydney NSW 2000.
Ausdance NSW may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. Although no fee will be charged for accessing your personal information or making a correction, Ausdance NSW may charge a fee to retrieve and copy any material.
Ausdance NSW aims to resolve complaints in a mutually acceptable manner. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please do so in writing and address your email or letter to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or via post to 10 Hickson Road, The Rocks Sydney NSW 2000.
The Privacy Officer shall have 21 working days to liaise the complainant and other relevant parties and to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution of the complaint.
If the issue is not resolved satisfactorily, the complainant can request (in writing) that they would like the matter to be escalated to the Board of Management.
A representative from the Board of Management shall liaise with the complainant, and determine if there is reasonable cause to warrant a formal investigation of the matter. If following this review, the complainant is dissatisfied with the response, a formal complaint can be lodged with the Office of the Australian Information Commission. https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also seek further information and advice from the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection by calling 1300 666 444.
Ausdance NSW is the key support & advocacy body, for the creation, presentation and practice of dance in NSW.
Ausdance NSW is part of the Ausdance National Network.
Ausdance acknowledges and respects the Traditional Custodians of the Lands on which we work and dance and pays respect to elders past, present and emerging.
10 Hickson Road, Level 3, Arts Exchange Buliding, The Rocks, Sydney 2000
02 9256 4800
ABN 36 824 207 095